Monday, April 19, 2010

Summer Corn Salad


Ahhh Summer Corn Salad. Ok, so it's not just for the summer- but it sounded good. Anyhow, whenever you can get your hands on some fresh ears of corn, you are in luck!

I have adapted this recipe from a friend (thanks Sarah) and it truly is the most simple and flavourful dish! I ate the whole bowl for lunch this weekend. Yup, all three ears of corn by myself! Ok, I shared a tiny bit with Jessie and a bite or two with my daughter :)

Ingredients:
3 fresh ears of Corn, shaved
One Lime juiced,
Handful or two of Cherry tomatoes, cut in half or chunks
1 medium Portabello mushroom, cubed
3 Scallions, sliced thin
Sprinkle or two of Sea Salt
Sprinkle or two or fresh ground pepper

Preparation:
Shave corn into bowl. Juice lime into bowl.
Add tomatoes, mushrooms, scallions, sea salt and pepper.
Mix and taste. Add more of whatever you like.
Let sit and absorb flavors, or enjoy right away!

Come to think of it, some fresh Garlic might be nice. Maybe even some fresh cilantro! I'll have to try it next time.

What a refreshing pick for a picnic :)




No comments:

Post a Comment