Saturday, August 14, 2010

Vegan Shopska Salad

Shopska Salad is a favourite traditional Bulgarian Salad that is easy to make and incredibly tasty. I have had at least 20 of these since arriving in Sofia (seriously). However, I typically don't like eating dairy products so I decided to create my very own vegan style Shopsky Salad by omitting the feta and adding tofu. Because I was unable to get a proper photo, the one I included is from a charming restaurant (whose name I neglected to notice, because of the incredible views from our table) located just a few minutes walking distance from our home in Sofia, Bulgaria. The beautiful salad you see in the background is the Shopska. Love it!

What you'll need:

4 Tomatoes, chopped into chunks
1 large cucumber un peeled and chunked
4 red peppers chopped
4 green onions sliced
2 tbls fresh parsley chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 -1/4 cup shredded or crumbled feta or Tofu

Throw it all together in a bowl and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment